AMCO Masjid will be reopening for five daily prayers with Fajr prayer on Tuesday, June 30th, 2020. AMCO Masjid is also opening for Friday prayers effective Friday, July 3rd, 2020. All those who are planning to offer Friday prayers at AMCO are requested to register on AMCO.org. Congregants who asked for access to the masjid for daily prayers earlier will find their key fobs active.
All are requested to familiarize themselves with the guidelines and adhere to them in their own interest and the larger interest of the community.
Registration is required for Daily Prayers to be considered for entry.
Registration for 30th April Jummah is to be done by 7 pm on
29th April to be considered for entry.
Community Guidelines for Re-opening AMCO masjid for five daily prayers and Jummah Prayers:
American Muslim Community Organization masjid will be reopening for 5 daily Farz prayers and Jummah prayer from Maghreb on Tuesday, June 30th, 2020 with reduced capacity of 60 for Jummah prayers, and 20 for five daily prayers in the first phase, In sha Allah. Online registration is required for attending prayers until further notice.
For the safety of everyone in our community due to ongoing concerns about Covid-19, AMCO masjid will operate under a very strict set of guidelines which are based on state regulations and guidance derived from medical and scientific experts who are seized with matters related to this dreadful virus. Please note that the masjid will be open for prayer service only. All other AMCO activities will remain suspended until further notice.
AMCO requests all its congregants to adhere to the following general guidelines.
1. You must wear a mask that properly covers your nose and mouth prior to entering AMCO masjid and keep it on at all times while you are in the masjid.
2. Please perform Wudu at home. Bathroom access will be restricted to emergencies only.
3. Please make sure you bring your own prayer rug from home.
4. Five daily prayers will be held in the Foyer. You are required to leave your shoes in the vestibule.
5. Jummah prayer will be held in the Musallah. You are required to keep your shoes with you using the plastic bag provided at the entrance.
6. Please adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times during the 5 daily and Jummah prayers which includes:
a. Staying 6 feet away from others in the open areas.
b. Using marked areas for prayers to ensure proper distancing.
c. No socializing, shaking hands and hugging.
d. Leaving the masjid immediately after Farz prayer in a manner that maintains social distancing.
7. Children under the age of 14 will not be permitted.
8. Please check your temperature before coming to the masjid. If you have FEVER or any of the following symptoms, PLEASE DO NOT COME: Cough, Body Ache, Difficulty in Breathing, Loss of Taste and Smell, Diarrhea and Headache. You will be denied entry by our Masjid Representatives if you are found to be sick.
NOTE: ACCORDING TO THE CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC), WORSHIPERS OVER 65 YEARS OF AGE, AND THOSE WHO HAVE FOLLOWING MEDICAL CONDITIONS ARE ESPECIALLY VULNERABLE: HEART DISEASE, LUNG DISEASE, DIABETES, HYPERTENSION, CANCER AND WHO ARE IMMUNOCOMPROMISED. AS SUCH, WE URGE THEM TO PRAY AT HOME AND NOT COME TO THE MASJID FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY.